.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; }

Thursday, October 9, 2014

A Little Change of Pace

As some of you know, it has been a somber week here at Memorial School. We had to say goodbye to our dear friend, colleague, and leader; Andrea Trasher, who passed away last Friday. Thank goodness for the smiling faces of First Graders to get our staff through this time. In leu of my normal post I'd like to share 5 things I am grateful for in honor of Andrea who had an amazing zest for life and presence bigger than words.

5 things that I am grateful for...

Number 1: The big toothy grins of children (my own included!) There is nothing like those beaming smiles when they are telling you about a lost tooth, a soccer goal, or a silly sibling story to lift your spirits. You can't help but smile when you are surrounded by those little faces.

Number 2: The teachers at Memorial School. They are the MOST supportive group of co-workers one could ever hope for. Personally and professionally there are the cream of the crop.

Number 3: The little town of Medfield, a town I had never heard of until I sent in my resume 11 years ago. I remember thinking, where the heck am I, as I drove past horse farms on the way to my interview. Little did I know then what a gem of a town I had luckily stumbled upon.

Number 4: Parents; past and present! Whether you are volunteering, sending in wish list supplies, or responding to an email with kind and supportive words you are the best! I have encountered many families since I began working here at Memorial school and I have been lucky enough to form lasting bonds with so many of them. 

Number 5: My decision to become a teacher. I was lucky enough to know early on what I wanted to do in life. I was luckier even still to have the means to reach those goals. Some people dread going to work....not me! Even on the most challenging of days (and there are certainly a few) I am grateful for the oppurtunity I have been given to help form the little minds that I have been charged with. In the words of Mrs. Trasher, how lucky am I.


Have a wonderful long weekend!! Enjoy your time and prioritize :)